Work And Income New Zealand Quotes
What you may be entitled to
Patients who hold a current Community Services Card or receive an income related benefit may be entitled to assistance from Work and Income to pay for dental treatment.
This usually is provided as follows:
$300 non-recoverable Special Benefit Emergency Dental Treatment Grant (only available once a year and only for relief of pain or infection)
Up to $1000 advance repayable to Work & Income NZ (WINZ) for additional treatment or non-emergency treatment
In some circumstances, people receiving benefits such as the Sickness or Invalid’s benefit may be entitled to other financial assistance.
We are happy to provide quotes for you to take to WINZ so you can find out how much you assistance you are able to get. We are not able to tell you what you will receive as this can only be advised by WINZ who will assess how they can help you.
How you get the assistance
1. Make an appointment with us to have a dentist check your teeth and advise you what treatment is required and how much it will cost.
This examination costs $75 and if an x-ray is required, this will cost $30 – $85 depending on the type of x-ray needed by the dentist for diagnosis.
You will be asked to pay for the examination on the day of your appointment.
If you are not able to pay this cost on the day of your appointment, we can provide you with a quote for the examination cost that you can take to WINZ first. This can be completed by our Front Office staff and you will not need to see a dentist for this initial quote.
2. Once the dentist has seen you to assess the treatment required our Front Office staff will write out a quote for you to take to WINZ.
3. Take the quote to WINZ and ask them to approve it. If the treatment is urgent (required on the same day) ask them to deal with it straightaway rather than making an appointment to see your case manager. If the treatment is not required on the same day then you may have to wait for 2 days or more to see your case manager.
4. If WINZ approves the quote they will give you a yellow approval letter advising how much they have approved. Bring this letter to us and we will make an appointment for your treatment.
We will do our best to treat urgent relief of pain or infection on the same day if we can. We do set appointment time aside to treat patients in pain but sometimes that time is booked up early in the day and no more time is available on the same day. We are more likely to be able to see you for treatment if you take the quote to WINZ early in the day but we cannot guarantee when we will be able to see you for treatment.
What happens if WINZ do not approve payment?
1. If Winz only approves part of the cost of treatment then come back to us so we can discuss what you want to do. We will try to do the treatment that will stop your pain first and then discuss with you what else can be done.
2. If WINZ does not approve any payment then we suggest you go to the Hospital to seek treatment. It is likely that you will have to wait but the cost of treatment will be less.
Out of respect for all of our patients wanting treatment we ask that you attend all of your appointments on time.
If you need to change an appointment time we require you to contact us 48 hours in advance. You can leave a message on our telephone about this.
As the appointment time has been set aside especially for your treatment we ask that you respect this. If you do not attend an appointment or change an appointment time less than 48 hours before the appointment, we may charge you the cost of the treatment that was scheduled for that appointment. This will be deducted from the credit balance paid to us by WINZ or it will have to be paid by you privately.
This may mean that you will not have enough money left to complete your treatment.
As the payments made by WINZ are for urgent dental treatment we expect that you will complete your treatment within one month of the approval being given. After this time, we may refund the balance of any credit to WINZ and you will need to get another quote if you wish to continue with treatment in the future.
If you have any questions about attending your appointments, please contact us as soon as you can so we can help to sort this out.
Please read all of the above if you have used WINZ to fund your treatment with us in the past as the procedures may have changed.
If you do not understand the above, please ask us for help or show this to someone else that can help explain it to you.
We are able to provide translation into Russian, Arabic, Gujarati and Korean if this is helpful. Please ask.
You can contact us by:
text 027 8577008
We look forward to assisting you.
The team at Dr. Naenae Dental Clinic